4200 Connecticut Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20008
Employment Skills Training - Office Assistant
Facilitated by office assistant instructors, this eight week training provides participants with the administrative skills needed to successfully function as an administrative professional in dynamic environments. Trainings are facilitated in simulated administrative learning labs.
Using contextualized learning as a format, students engage in real life situations that occur while at work. Additionally, students are provided opportunities to apply skills during on-campus internships.
provide opportunities for students to use what they lave learned.
Using a contextualized learning format
as a mail or file can entry level office assistant in the computerized office environment. In this training, students learn how to use basic computer software programs for the successful completion of routine administrative tasks. Participants learn how to format basic office documents, flyers, and spreadsheets.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Proofread text for capitalization and spelling errors
- Edit text using proofreading symbols
- Merge data for creating mail merge letters and labels
- Enter data into spreadsheets and use formulas to calculate totals
- Format text by increasing font size, alignment, line spacing
- Design flyer using clip art, page borders and shading
- Present data as bar, line, and pie charts
- Type letters in block and modified block styles
- Paginate documents with a Table of Contents
- Distribute handouts on grammar rules.
- Apply filing rules to complete filing worksheets
Training length: 120 hours
Text Book: Provided
Uniform and shoes: None
To successfully complete the Office Assistant training, each student is required to successfully complete the following components.
- Business Communication
- Document Design
- Telephone & Voicemail
- Records Management & Filing
- Office Procedures
- Microsoft Office Suite