"Retention is everyone's business."
Retention Committee Co-Chairs
Esteban Olivares - Director, Academic Advising & Retention –Co-Chair
Kimberly Pennamon - Associate Vice President for Student Affairs-Co-Chair
- Faculty Senate Retention Committee Chairperson, B. Michelle Harris
- General Education Director, Anthony Mansueto
- SBPA Associate Dean, Racquel Gaston
- Lead Academic Advisor, Kimberly Crews
- Title III, Ernesta Pendleton Williams
- Counseling Representative, Dr. Serena Butler-Johnson
- Career Services Director, Katie Nailler
- Enrollment Management Representative (Transfer Counselor), Timothy Harrison
- Financial Aid Representative, TBA
- Pre-College programs, Saundra Carter
- Disability Resource Center, Ahmad Reed
At Large Members
- IRAP and Associate Provost , TBA
- Provost Office and SEP Chair, TBA
- Chief Audit & Compliance Executive / Financial Aid, Krishna Saraiya
Duration & Terms of Service
Steering Team Members: 1 academic year, renewable upon appointment recommendation by the Steering Team approval from the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs and Vice President for Student Affairs, and one representative from the Faculty engagement committee
Committee Members: 1 academic year, renewable upon appointment recommendation by the Steering Team approval from the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs and Vice President for Student Affairs.
Sub-Committee Members: 1 academic semester, renewable upon appointment by the Steering Team.
Retention Roundtable: Adhoc
Roles and Expectations
Co-Chairs: The Co-Chairs are responsible for guiding the Committee and Steering Team to accomplish their charge. Activities include communicating with the university community, setting meeting agendas, and encouraging participation by all members, enlisting the assistance of available personnel and resources, producing reports, and ensuring that minutes are taken and approved. Co-Chairs may serve as ad-hoc members of any committee.
Steering Team Members: The Steering Team is charged with actively pursuing the work of the committee. Members of the Steering Team seek compromises and recommend policies. In the fulfillment of this role, the Steering Team is expected to communicate with the full committee on a continuous and intentional basis.
Committee Members: Each representative is expected to gather input from all relevant divisions, departments, etc; and speak for the said divisions or department. A committee member (or their director) may designate a proxy to participate in place of the appointed member (for example, participate in meeting; speak for the institution, vote, etc;)
Sub-Committee Members: Sub-Committee members represent a specific issue or project. A recognized sub-committee may also be an establish committee or working group within the university. Thus each representative is expected to gather input from all relevant divisions, departments, etc; and speak for the said divisions or department. A member of the Committee will be appointed as a Liaison to each recognized sub-Committee.
Retention Roundtable: Serves as a platform to bring together division or departments to address a particular need or issue.