New features in Blackboard 9.1
The new version of Blackboard Learn 9.1 Service Pack 11 offers a number of enhancements and new features. Below is a brief description of the new features and improvements with links to resources.
The new Content Editor improves your experience for entering text, pasting content from Microsoft Word, and adding content to all areas of Blackboard. Simply bring your course materials to life.
Use the content editor in Blackboard to create video using your webcam. Upload your recordings directly to YouTube using your registered Google account and YouTube channel.
The new Calendar feature allows instructors and students to view university-wide, course, and personal events in a single calendar view.
Discussion have been updated in two ways:
- The Discussion Thread Detail page has been redesigned to allow you to view multiple posts at one time by simple scrolling down the page.
- Instructors can now require students to first post to a forum before they can view others' posts.
Inline Assignment Grading is a revision to the workflow for grading Assignments in Blackboard Learn. Instead of requiring Instructors to download student-submitted files to view or edit those submissions, Instructors will now be able to view student-submitted files "inline," i.e. in the web browser, without requiring any plugins, applets, or client-side applications. Additionally, annotation tools will be made available as part of the inline viewer, enabling Instructors to provide feedback including comments, highlights, and even drawings/annotations directly on the inline view of the document.
How it works:
- Review and comment directly in the document.
- From the inline viewer toolbar you can zoom the contents of the document in or out, open the annotation tools menu to comment in the document, download the document and move from page to page.
- Grade the submission from the inline grading sidebar. From here you can view the assignment details, the grading rubric and each attempt. You can type an overall grade and grades for each attempt as well as provide feedback to your students without leaving the page.
A completely new, modern user experience that consolidates critical information from all of your Courses and Organizations. Students can update their profile, respond to discussion posts, see course updates, and view My Grades for all courses in one location.
Includes the following features:
- New Global Navigation Menu
- Profile & Profile Card
- Posts (Discussion Board)
The new Item Analysis feature helps you easily refine your tests and quizzes by evaluating the quality and validity of each question and that question's ability to discriminate between students who understand the material and those who do not. Ineffective questions can be easily identified and then you can quickly correct them with the Automatic Regrade feature.