- Create a comprehensive planning document (Campus Sustainability Plan) outlining a vision for sustainability at UDC
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the following areas:
- Dining Services
- Landscaping and Grounds
- Waste and Recycling
- Green Cleaning
- Public Engagement (Alumni, Community Members, etc)
Sustainability Task Force: Report
The Sustainability Task Force has completed the university’s first Sustainability Strategic Plan. This plan reflects the hard work and input of faculty, students and staff and is intended to guide future decisions regarding sustainability at UDC.
Key recommendations of the Sustainability Strategic Plan include:
- Establish green procurement policies and practices.
- Perform annual on-campus waste audits to establish baseline data for year to year progress evaluations.
- Implement utility benchmarking system for tracking energy, water, and greenhouse gas emissions performance in campus buildings.
- Develop a climate action plan.
- Establish an Office of Sustainability with its own dedicated operating budget.
- Create a publicly accessible dashboard to allow people to track the progress of sustainability indicators.
- Expand the number of sustainability-focused and -related courses offered regularly.
As recommend actions are completed, new areas of focus will emerge. The Sustainability Task Force will update the report periodically and issue an annual report card on the progress of the university’s Sustainability Initiative.