Education Benefits Certification - Chapters 33, 30 & 32 for New Students
For details, click on the links below:
- Chapter 33 - Post-9/11 GI Bill Program
- Chapter 30 - Montgomery GI Bill Program (Active Duty)
- Chapter 32 - Veterans Education Assistance Program (VEAP)
First time UDC applicant:
- Complete DVA 22-1990 form online
- Print and complete UDC's Request for Certification for VA Benefits form
- Submit UDC's Request for Certification for VA Benefits form to the Veterans Certification Office
Non-Active Veterans must submit a copy of DD-214 (Discharge papers) along with the UDC Request for Certification for VA Benefits form to the Veterans Certification Office.
Active Veterans receiving Kickers, Top Up, or Tuition Assistance must fax or mail a copy of the signed authorization form to the VA Regional Processing Office in Buffalo and submit a copy along with the UDC Request for Certification for VA Benefits form to the Veterans Certification Office at UDC.
Questions? Email or call the UDC VA Certifying Official:
VA Education Benefits Certifying Official
University of the District of Columbia
4200 Connecticut Ave, NW
If you have questions pertaining to payment, availability of benefit or approvals, please call the regional VA Office at 1-888-442-4551 or go to the GI Bill website.