University of the District of Columbia
202.274.6099 (UDC) | email@example.com
University of the District of Columbia Community College
202.274.6760 (CC) | firstname.lastname@example.org
The VRAP program is available at UDC. The Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP) GI Bill offers up to 12 months of Montgomery GI Bill benefits for older unemployed veterans. Click tab below (right hand side of page) to see how you qualify
All students seeking to receive VA Educational Benefits; must complete a UDC VA Education Enrollment Form
Steps to apply for Certification for VA Education Benefits and Admission to the University of the District of Columbia:
- Apply for Veterans Affairs education benefits through VA's website. Only VA representatives can answer specific questions about your GI Bill account. You can contact them at 1-888-GIBILL-1. (VA Certificates of Eligibility may take an average of 2 months to arrive).
- Apply for admission to either the Flagship University or to the UDC Community College. You will need to request that official transcripts of your high school or post-high school academic work be sent to the university and be prepared to take placement tests to ensure your positioning for academic success.
- You can check the status of your application by calling 202.274.6155 and following the phone prompt.
- After being accepted for admission, register for classes as soon as you are ready and allowed to.
- Contact the UDC VA Benefits Certifying Official (by email at email@example.com or phone 202.274.6099) to schedule an appointment to discuss your specific benefits situation. The office is located at 4200 Connecticut Ave., NW Building 39, Suite A-09 Wash., DC 20008. Be prepared to submit a copy of your DD-214.
- If you need disability support services contact the UDC Disability Resource Center at 202.274.6417. Please visit the UDC DRC website.
- At the end of each month, you must verify your UDC enrollment with the Department of Veterans Affairs either by phone 1.877.823.2378 or online through the WAVE system at www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do.
- Any changes in your UDC enrollment must be reported to the VA Certifying Official by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to avoid payment problems.
- For more information on requesting certification for VA education benefits please visit UDC VA Education Benefits Certification.