Steps to apply for Certification for VA Education Benefits and Admission to the University of the District of Columbia:
- Apply for Veterans Affairs education benefits through VA's website. Only VA representatives can answer specific questions about your GI Bill account. You can contact them at 1-888-GIBILL-1. (VA Certificates of Eligibility may take an average of 2 months to arrive).
- Apply for admission to either the Flagship University or to the UDC Community College. You will need to request that official transcripts of your high school or post-high school academic work be sent to the university and be prepared to take placement tests to ensure your positioning for academic success.
- You can check the status of your application by calling 202.274.6155 and following the phone prompt.
- After being accepted for admission, register for classes as soon as you are ready and allowed to.
- Contact the UDC VA Benefits Certifying Official (by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 202.274.6099) to schedule an appointment to discuss your specific benefits situation. The office is located at 4200 Connecticut Ave., NW Building 39, Suite A-09 Wash., DC 20008. Be prepared to submit a copy of your DD-214.
- If you need disability support services contact the UDC Disability Resource Center at 202.274.6417. Please visit the UDC DRC website.
- At the end of each month, you must verify your UDC enrollment with the Department of Veterans Affairs either by phone 1.877.823.2378 or online through the WAVE system at www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do.
- Any changes in your UDC enrollment must be reported to the VA Certifying Official by email at email@example.com to avoid payment problems.
- For more information on requesting certification for VA education benefits please visit UDC VA Education Benefits Certification.