Embrace the Challenge
The mission of the Honors Program is to create an intensive learning community that will foster academic excellence, encourage civic action, and inspire the University’s top students to become strong leaders on campus and in our community.
Honors students must maintain a 3.5 GPA and remain in good standing with the University. Additionally, students must fulfill the following academic and co-curricular requirements:
- Pass 8 Honors Courses, including:
- One required Honors Course for all incoming Honors students: “Leadership, Ethics, and Change”
- Three introductory-level Honors Courses
- Two intermediate, interdisciplinary Honors Courses (must include at least one with a community-action component)
- One Senior-Level Course on Global Issues
- One Senior Capstone Project within the student’s major
- Participate in Civic Action projects each semester.
- Participate in sixteen Honors Activities sponsored by the Honors Program.