email@example.com | 202.274.5060 (Flagship) | 202.274.6795 (CC) | 202.274.6060
8:30am to 5pm Mon – Fri (extended hours during registration)
UDC FAFSA School Code: 007015
Physical Address and Walk-in Assistance
|4200 Connecticut Ave. NW|
Bldg. 39, Suite A-133
Washington, DC 20008
|801 North Capital St. NE|
3rd Fl, Room 305
Washington, DC 20002
Frequently Asked Financial Aid Questions (FAQs)
1. How do I apply for financial aid?
To apply for most financial aid, you will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This application is used to determine federal, state and institutional aid. You may apply online at www.fafsa.gov. Please be sure to list our School Code 007015 to ensure we receive your application electronically.
Please monitor your MyUDC account, my.udc.edu for additional information and/or documentation request’s. All information and documentation should be submitted as promptly as possible to ensure your aid is processed timely. Additional documents may be faxed to our office at 202.274.6060, scanned by email (with your signature) firstname.lastname@example.org, in person at the Flagship Office (Bldg. 39, Suite A-111) or Community College (801 North Capitol St. NE, 3rd FL) offices .
3. I submitted all of my required documents. MyUDC account indicates my documents are pending review of a counselor. How long will it take for my award to be processed??
Processing times vary. All applications are reviewed in the order received. Student’s who meet our priority application deadline are generally processed before the start of classes. You may view the priority application deadline date by visiting our important information and dates page at http://www.udc.edu/financial_aid/office_financial_aid.
4. I checked my MyUDC account and one of my documents is marked incomplete. Why is my document considered incomplete?
Please visit the important messages tab in your MyUDC account for detailed information regarding your incomplete document. Should you have any questions once you have reviewed the messages tab, please contact our office at 202.274.5060 or stop by for assistance. Remember that documents may be returned by fax 202.274.6060, scanned by email (with your signature) email@example.com, in person at the Flagship Office (Bldg. 39, Suite A-111) or Community College Office (801 North Capitol St. NE, 3rd FL) offices .
Back to top
5. I did not meet the priority application deadline for financial aid. May I still apply?
Yes, you may still apply. However, student’s who do not meet the priority application deadline are strongly encouraged to make payment arrangements to ensure your classes are not dropped for non-payment. You may make payment arrangements by visiting https://udc.afford.com/. Additionally, in the interim of your aid being processed, you may want to consider renting some books at reduced cost by visiting www.udcshop.com to ensure you do not fall behind in your classes.
Back to top
6. I completed my Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Loan Entrance Counseling (EC) requirement's but MyUDC account still reflects a required status?
MPN’s and EC are completed and submitted through an external system (www.studentloans.gov). Upon successful submission, the University will receive electronic confirmation of completion within 48hrs or once your loan is originated.
Back to top
7. When will my aid be applied to my tuition/fee's?
Each semester, financial aid is applied after the 100% withdrawal refunds period and once instructor’s have verified attendance. You may view this date by visiting our important information and dates page at http://www.udc.edu/financial_aid/office_financial_aid.
From the date your refunds disburse to your student account, please allow up to 14 days for receipt. It is imperative that you ensure that your mailing address is correct in your MyUDC account prior to your funds disbursing. Should you need to make adjustments to your address, please visit the Registrar’s Office for assistance. Should you have any questions regarding the status of your refund once your funds are reflected on your student account, please contact the Student Account’s Office at 202.274.5168.
Back to top
9. I am locked out of my MyUDC account. Can your office assist with reactivating my account?
Please contact the Office of Information Technology Help Desk at 202.274.5941, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person Building 41, Room 316 for assistance.
Back to top
10. I have my own health insurance. Why I am being charged for the University sponsored plan?
All student’s are automatically charged health insurance at the time of registration. You may opt out of the University sponsored health insurance plan by visiting www.firststudent.com . Please visit http://www.udc.edu/student_affairs/student_health_insurance to confirm the opt out deadline. If you have any questions regarding the status of this charge being removed from your account, please contact Student Accounts at 202.274.5168.
Back to top
11. When can I use my book authorization at the book store?
Book authorizations are generally available beginning the week prior to the start of classes through the end of the drop/add period. You may view the exact dates for each semester by visiting our important information and dates page at http://www.udc.edu/financial_aid/office_financial_aid. Also note to qualify for a book authorization, you must meet the following criteria.
- Financial aid awarded/accepted must exceed tuition/fee’s (credit balance)
- Must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), http://www.udc.edu/financial_aid/maintaining_eligibility
- Have completed a Title IV Authorization Release for Non-Institutional Charges authorizing the University to utilize your credit balance to pay for the charges incurred at the bookstore.