Research Interests: Effective practices related to training prospective teachers to use technology in the classroom, and the use of electronic portfolios in teacher preparation programs.
Specific research interests are:
- The effect of a single course, Technology for Teachers, on teacher candidates’ use of technology in the classroom during and after student teaching.
- What does the electronic portfolio tell us about the teacher candidate’s capacity to impact student learning, and the belief that all students can learn?
Selected Honors, Awards and Accomplishments:
- Blackboard Scholar Certified Online Faculty
- Endorsed High Scope Trainer
- Successful Grant Writer: – Teacher Quality Enhancement Project - $223,000; – Early Head Start Funding - $900,000; - CCMPSIS project - $125,000.
- Kappa Delta Pi International Honor Society in Education – 2008 Educators Make the Difference Award.
Career in Brief:
- 25 years in the field of early childhood care and education, with emphasis on the care and education of infants and toddlers in group care settings.
- 15 years – Child Care Specialist and Trainer – Fairfax County Office for Children
- 15 years - Child Care Management Consultant
- 10 years - Head Start and Early Head Start Consultant and Trainer
- 15 years - Design Consultant – ECE Centers 2003 - present - technology coordinator and faculty member in the Department of Education at UDC;