Pradeep K. Behera, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE,
Associate Professor, Civil Engineering
Department of Engineering, Architecture and Aerospace Technology
Bldg 42, Suite 213H
firstname.lastname@example.org,; Tel: 202.274.6186
Research Interests: Urban Stormwater Management, Non-point Source Pollution, Water Resources Engineering, Erosion and Sediment Control, Sustainable Urban Water Systems, Environmental Systems, Spatio-Temporal Informatics.
Publications (Partial List)
Awards and Professional Affiliation
- Behera, P, K., J. Y. Li, and B. J. Adams, “Runoff Quality Analysis of Urban Catchments with Analytical Probabilistic Models" Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management. ASCE January 2006.
- Behera, P, K., J. Y. Li, and B. J. Adams, “Characterization of Urban Runoff Quality: A Toronto Case Study" Applied Modeling of Urban Water Systems. W. James (Ed.), CHI Guelph, Ontario, January 2000.
- Behera, P, K., F. Papa, and B. J. Adams, “Optimization of Regional Storm-Water Management Systems." Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management. ASCE, January 1999, March-April, 1999.
- “Probabilistic Approaches for Assessment of Non-Point Source Pollutant Loads from Urban Watersheds” in the International Conference on “World Environmental & Water resources Congress 2008 at Honolulu, Hi during May 12-17, 2008.
Education and Professional Experience
- Commonwealth Scholarship holder during Doctoral Degree
- Professional Engineer, State of Maryland, U.S.A.
- Professional Engineer, Province of Ontario, Canada
- Diplomat, American Academy of Water Resources Engineering
- Ph.D., Environmental Engineering, University of Toronto, Canada
- NSERC Industrial Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Canada
- Associate Professor, Department of Engineering, Architecture and Aerospace,
University of the District of Columbia, Washington DC 2005 - Present
- Senior Water Resources Engineer, BPC Group Inc., Orlando, Florida May-Jul 2005
- Water Resources Engineer, Clarifica Inc., Richmond Hill, Ontario 2001 – 2005
- Senior Lecturer, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, India 1990-1996