- Actively involved in research and peer-reviewed conference presentations for the last six years, publishing three papers every year regularly.
- Interested in Numerical Methods in Structural Analysis, Vibrations, Plates and Shells, Foundation Design and Finite Element Analysis in Engineering Problems.
- Also interested in innovative teaching methods in engineering.
- I have been teaching, PRO-BONO, engineering License Exam Preparation classes for practicing engineers and students for the last 10 years on Saturdays.
- Just completed a major grant from the Department of Education collaborating with two other colleagues using simple lab experiments as innovative teaching tool.
- Very much interested in INFRASTRUCTURE REHABILITATION projects.
Selected Honors and Awards:
Co-recipient of the Best Paper Award 2005, from ASEE (American Society for Engineering Education).
Two year full scholarship (post-doctoral research) from the Government of Japan.
Registered Professional Engineer, P.E.
Currently President of the DC Society of Professional Engineers (DCSPE)
Career in Brief:
Ph.D., MS, B.S. Istanbul Technical University, Istanbul, Turkey
Research Associate: International Institute of Earthquake Engineering, Tokyo Japan.
Kyushu University and Tokyo University, Tokyo Japan
Senior Design Engineer: Designed several buildings in the Metro Area including the award winning flat plate structure with curved spandrel beams, 7th District Police Station.
Working at UDC since August 1986.