Operation Military Kids
Operation Purple Camp
The National Military Family Association has collaborated with outstanding camp partners to continue supporting military kids by providing a camp where they connect with other kids just like them. At Operation Purple Camp we embrace being "purple" and bring together military kids from all ranks and services, including National Guard and Reserve components, to a unique and memorable summer camp experience. Applications for 2014 are now being accepted. Apply here.
CAMP LOCATIONS: http://www.militaryfamily.org/our-programs/operation-purple/2014-camps/ (including High View, WV and Wernersville, PA)
Operation: Military Kids is the U.S. Army's collaborative effort with America's communities to support children and youth impacted by deployment. Regardless of whether Families are experiencing deployment for the first time, the second time or another in a series of multiple deployments, OMK's goal is to connect military children and youth with local resources in order to achieve a sense of community support and enhance their well-being.
Through OMK, Military Youth:
- Meet other youth who are also experiencing deployment
- Participate in a range of recreational, social & educational programs
- Gain leadership, organizational, and technical skills by participating in the Speak Out for Military Kids program or Mobile Technology Lab programs
- Receive assistance with school issues by connecting with Army Child, Youth & School Services School Liaisons -- More on School Transition Support
- Attend single day, weekend or even longer residential camps