Bldg 41, Suite 405
202.274.5194 | 202.274.5589 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Dean - April Massey, Ph.D.
Associate Dean Academic Affairs - Lena Walton, Ph.D.
Assistant Dean of Students - La Tanya Rogers, Ph.D.
Office Manager - Ms. Wilma Thompson
Receptionist - Mr. Terry D. Best
STEM Summer Bridges Program
The SSBP is planned for high school students who will be attending the University of the District of Columbia. The SSBP is a five-week program that begins in June of each year and includes the following activities:
- Enhancement material for three college-wide non-credit courses, English, mathematics and science.
- A one-credit freshman orientation course
- A series of workshops designed to develop academic skills in note-taking, preparing for examinations, writing essays, and employing other skills that enhance the students’ academic performance and adjustment to college-life.
- Enrichment activities including one out of town trip.
- The Myer Briggs Type Indicator to provide a measure of the valuable differences in people.
- And the Learning and Study Strategies Inventory (LASSI) that is used to measure the students’ use of learning and study strategies.