The Center's Mission:
- To provide a national and international center for innovation in the rapidly growing area of renewable energy resources (solar, wind, fuel cells, etc.);
- To demonstrate innovative, reliable, and environmentally beneficial power solutions to various communities, including Third World countries to help them develop sustainable communities and promote Water Resource Development;
- To help UDC to develop enhanced relationships with leading government, business, and political, engineering and financial leaders in the Nation’s Capital and around the World; and
- To raise external funding for the activities of the center from business, government and charitable organizations.
- As oil prices keep soaring. renewable energy from solar, wind, micro hydro, fuel cells, bio-energy and other energy sources becomes more economical. In addition, increasing concern over the impact of coal and oil fired power stations on global warming, and the growing pollution effects of hydrocarbon fuels have made the need for practical renewable energy solutions more urgent and timely.
- UDC has excellent engineering programs that can be enhanced by providing hands on experience for its students in building innovative renewable energy systems (solar, wind, fuel cells, micro hydro, etc.) to serve urgent national and international needs for electric service for water pumping, base load power to remote villages and other basic
- The CERE is headed by a Center Director working in close cooperation with an Advisory Board. The Board includes representatives from the private sector, academia, energy officials and other officials from Third World Countries, and others who could assist the development of the center.