Alumni Job Opportunities
One certainty is that today’s unemployment rate is still escalating and is affecting workers across the board. If you are looking for work, the good news is that there are positions available and here are a few web sites you can browse for more information:
- http://www.dchr.dc.gov, then click on Employment Opportunities. Current listings include, but are not limited to: Executive Director, Agency Fiscal Officer, Budget Officer, and Grants Manager, all at the DC Office of the Chief Financial Officer; Information Technology Specialist (Database and Web Developer), Branch Supervisor Courtroom Support Branch, Senior Operations Manager, Senior Contract Specialist, and Statistical Associate, all at the DC Court System; and Medical Officer (Psychiatry), Social Worker, Pharmacist, Performance Improvement Coordinator, and Budget Analyst, all at the DC Department of Mental Health.
- https://www.usajobs.gov/ for multiple federal job openings. Included are several General Engineer positions located in Indianapolis, IN, Dallas, TX, Laguna Niguel, CA, as well as in the Washington Metropolitan Area.
- http://www.higheredjobs.com/ for a wide range of executive and administrative positions in higher education. The following jobs and numerous others are available nationwide: Faculty positions such as Division Chair of Natural Sciences, Director of Nursing Programs, Management Faculty, Professor of Accounting, and Assistant Professor of Agriculture. Some of the Administrative positions include Director of Academic Advising, Director of Student Services, Director of Annual Giving, Director of Institutional Research, Research Associate, and more.
- Contact Shineaca Moore, Workforce Diversity Specialist, at Anne Arundel County Public School System at firstname.lastname@example.org about the County’s Specialist For Student Leadership and Involvement position in the Division of Student Support Services. Primary duties for the position, which is located in the Central Office for the County’s Public School System, include coordinating the development of a student leadership and involvement program, and assisting administrators, teachers, and advisors in building effective student governance. All candidates must complete an online application at www.aacps.org to be considered for the position. Job Qualifications: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and related experience, while a Master’s Degree with experience is preferred. Salary Range: $49,432 to $90,543.
- Alumni Helping Alumni. Put your network to work or start your own network to either help someone in need, help yourself find a job, or move up the ladder. Research The Washington Post archives from Sunday, June 28, 2009, at www.washingtonpost.com for the article “Making the Grade in Your Alumni Network” by Vickie Elmer for tips that will assist you as you traverse the job market scene.