Step-by-Step Guide to UDC Admissions for Transfer Students
Transferring to UDC is the next step toward your graduation goals. We’re happy to help with this overview of the transfer application process.
UDC Admissions Standards for Transfer Students
Our admissions team reviews each application for these admissions standards. For full details, read the detailed UDC Admissions Policies.
Transferring to the Community College (Associate degree programs):
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Not currently on academic probation or suspension at another college or university (There is a two-year waiting period for those who’ve been academically dismissed from their last school.)
Transferring to the Flagship University (Bachelor’s degree programs):
- 30 college credits or more and an aggregate grade point average of 2.0 or higher
- Less than 30 college credits with a high school grade point average of 2.5 or higher
Before You Apply
Please review UDC’s transfer credit policies. These guidelines will give you a good idea of how your past college credits add up. Accepted students receive an official Transfer Credit Report as part of the enrollment process, but we’ve found that many students like to know this information before they apply, so they can discover just how easy earning their degree at UDC can be!
UDC Admissions Process for Transfer Students
- Complete the transfer student online application.
- Pay a non-refundable application fee ($35 for U.S. undergraduate students).
- Submit college transcript(s) reflecting all course work and grades from all colleges and universities attended.
- Submit high school transcript(s), or copy of a GED diploma and test scores or equivalent (if you’ve eaned less than 30 college credits).
After You Apply
Three days (72 hours) after submitting your application, you can check on the status of your application and supporting documents required for admission. Simply log into UDC’s application system using the same Login ID and PIN # you used to create the application. If you forget your ID or PIN #, please email the Admissions Office at UDCadmissions@udc.edu.
Once you’ve submitted your admissions application, please keep the following in mind:
- UDC cannot make an admission decision until we receive all required documents to complete your application. You’ll find full details on the Apply Now page.
- If you did not pay your application fee by credit card when you submitted your application, please mail an Application Fee Payment Form to the Admissions Office along with a check or money order payable to the University of the District of Columbia.
UDC Office of Recruitment and Admissions
4200 Connecticut Avenue NW
Washington DC 20008
- If you need to update your application or have decided to defer your application to a future academic term, please complete the Application Update Form and email or mail it to the Admissions Office.
If you have any questions about your application, please review the Admissions FAQ before contacting the Office. If you can’t find an answer to your question, please contact the Office at UDCadmission@udc.edu.
Steps to Enroll, If You’re Accepted to UDC
If you are accepted to UDC, please follow these next steps to confirm your enrollment to finalize your paperwork and become part of our campus community:
- Complete and submit your Confirmation of Enrollment Form.
- Submit your final high school transcript and pay your application fee, if you have not already done so.
- If you are under 27 years of age, submit your vaccination / health forms.
- Submit your health insurance or insurance waiver forms.
- Apply for residency status (if applicable).
- Register for orientation.
- Apply for financial aid, if you have not already done so.
- Schedule an appointment to take the ACCUPLACER test (Community College students only).
- Review your Transfer Credit Report. If you apply before the priority deadline, you should receive your report three-four weeks after you are admitted. Students who apply after the deadline may not receive their reports until orientation. If you have not received your report, you can contact the Admissions Office.
This is merely an overview. We encourage you review the full details here: Next Steps to Enroll.