Step-by-Step Guide to UDC Admissions for Graduate Students
Each UDC graduate program sets its own admission requirements. However, UDC requires certain baseline credentials for graduate program admissions.
UDC Admission Standards for Graduate Program Students
The following list reflects general admissions standards for graduate-level applicants:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited post-secondary institution, typically in a preferred field of study
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5-3.0 at the undergraduate level
- Verbal and quantitative skills as demonstrated through test scores (GRE, GMAT, and/or other discipline-specific examinations). UDC graduate programs do not set minimum exam scores for admission. Instead, we assess each applicant based on overall academic qualifications along with other factors.
For full details, please download UDC's Admissions Policies.
Before You Apply
UDC provides many research and reaching assistantships. Be sure to learn more about these wonderful opportunities as part of your graduate program decision.
In addition, please make sure you review the specific admissions requirements of your program of interest on the webpage of the graduate program to ensure you submit all required credentials for admission.
UDC Admissions Process for Graduate Program Students
- Complete the online application for Masters Degree Applicants.
- Pay the non-refundable $50 application fee.
- Submit college transcript(s) reflecting all course work, grades and date of graduation.
- Submit official GRE, GMAT or other examination scores required by program.
- Submit a 500-word personal statement about your academic and professional goals, research interests, relevant prior experience, motivation for graduate study in your proposed program and any other information in support of your application for graduate admission.
- Submit two letters of recommendation.
- Fulfill additional admission requirements and documentation set by individual graduate degree programs.
If you are an international, re-admit or non-degree graduate student, please complete the appropriate application:
- Re-admit students
- Non-degree-seeking students
- International students. If you are an international, returning or non-degree graduate student, please complete the appropriate application. In addition, we strongly encourage international students to review the step-by-step guide for international students to ensure you comply with all university and U.S. admissions, English proficiency and immigration requirements.
The following programs accept applications for Fall Admission ONLY:
- MA Teaching,
- MA in Early Childhood Education,
- MA in Special Education, and
- Masters in Speech and Language Pathology are closed for the Spring.
After You Apply
Approximately 2 weeks after submitting your application, you can check on the status of your application and supporting documents required for admission. Simply log into UDC's application system using the same Login ID and PIN # you used to create the application. If you forget your ID or PIN #, please email the Admissions Office (UDCadmissions@udc.edu).
Once you've submitted your admissions application, please keep the following in mind:
- UDC cannot make an admission decision until we receive all required documents to complete your application. You'll find full details on the Apply Now page.
- If you did not pay your application fee by credit card when you submitted your application, please mail an Application Fee Payment Form to the Admissions Office along with a check or money order payable to the University of the District of Columbia.
UDC Office of Recruitment and Admissions
4200 Connecticut Avenue NW
Washington DC 20008
- If you need to update your application or have decided to defer your application to a future academic term, please complete the Application Update Form and email or mail it to the Admissions Office.
If you have any questions about your application, please review the Admissions FAQ before contacting the Office. If you can't find an answer to your question, please contact the Office at UDCadmission@udc.edu.
Steps to Enroll, If You're Accepted to UDC
If you are accepted to UDC, please follow these next steps to confirm your enrollment and to finalize your paperwork and become part of our campus community:
- Complete and submit your Confirmation of Enrollment Form.
- If you are under 27 years of age, submit your vaccination / health forms.
- Submit your health insurance or insurance waiver forms.
- Apply for residency status (if applicable).
- Contact your master's degree program director for advising and registration / orientation assistance.
- Apply for financial aid, if you have not already done so.
This is merely an overview. We encourage you review the full details here: Next Steps to Enroll, including additional enrollment steps for international graduate students.