Step-by-Step Guide to UDC Admissions for First Time in College Students
UDC understands that applying to college for the first time can seem daunting. That’s why we’ve developed this step-by-step guide just for you.
UDC Admissions Standards for First-Time College Students
Our admissions team reviews each application for these admissions standards. For full details, read the detailed UDC Admissions Policies.
Community College (Associate degree programs):
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
Flagship University (Bachelor’s degree programs):
- 2.5 high school grade point average and 1200 SAT or 16 ACT score; OR
- 2.0 high school grade point average and 1400 SAT or 19 ACT score
Applicants who have graduated high school but do not meet the Flagship University admissions standards are automatically admitted to the Community College.
UDC Admissions Process for First-Time College Students
- Complete the first time in college online application.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee ($35 for U.S. undergraduate students) or submit an application fee waiver.
- Submit high school transcripts or copy of GED diploma and test scores (or equivalent).
- Submit official SAT or ACT test scores (if applying to UDC’s Flagship University).
After You Apply
Three days (72 hours) after submitting your application, you can check on the status of your application and supporting documents required for admission. Simply log into UDC’s application system using the same Login ID and PIN # you used to create the application. If you forget your ID or PIN #, please email the Admissions Office at UDCadmissions@udc.edu.
Once you’ve submitted your admissions application, please keep the following in mind:
- UDC cannot make an admission decision until we receive all required documents to complete your application. You’ll find full details on the Apply Now page.
- If you did not pay your application fee by credit card when you submitted your application, please mail an Application Fee Payment Form to the Admissions Office along with a check or money order payable to the University of the District of Columbia.
UDC Office of Recruitment and Admissions
4200 Connecticut Avenue NW
Washington DC 20008
- If you need to update your application or have decided to defer your application to a future academic term, please complete the Application Update Form and email or mail it to the Admissions Office.
If you have any questions about your application, please review the Admissions FAQ before contacting the Office. If you can’t find an answer to your question, please contact the Office at UDCadmission@udc.edu.
Steps to Enroll, If You’re Accepted to UDC
If you are accepted to UDC, please follow these next steps to confirm your enrollment:
- Complete and submit your Confirmation of Enrollment Form.
- Submit your final high school transcript and pay your application fee, if you have not already done so.
- If you are under 27 years of age, submit your vaccination / health forms.
- Submit your health insurance or insurance waiver forms.
- Apply for residency status (if applicable).
- Register for orientation.
- Apply for financial aid, if you have not already done so.
- Schedule an appointment to take the ACCUPLACER test (Community College students only).
This is merely an overview. We encourage you review the full details here: Next Steps to Enroll.