Application Priority Deadlines
|Term||US Students||International Students|
|Fall||May 15||Apr 15|
|Spring||Oct 15||Sep 15|
|Summer||Apr 15||Mar 15|
|No Graduate admissions for Summer term.*|
*The Homeland Security Graduate Program (MS) will offer summer admissions.
Program Quick View
After You Apply
Thank you for applying for admission to the University of the District of Columbia! Please read carefully below to ensure you complete your application.
Completing Your Application
After you submit your application, please review carefully the additional application requirements identified on the Apply Now page of the Admissions website to make sure you submit all necessary admissions credentials to the Office.
Please keep in mind the following:
- UDC can't make a decision on your application until we receive all required documents to complete your application. UDC requires official transcripts sent directly from the issuing high school or post-secondary institution, and official test scores sent directly from the testing agency or printed on official transcripts. If you send unofficial transcripts, UDC may admit you but you will need to provide official transcripts before you can register for classes.
- If you did not pay your application fee by credit card as part of the application, you must mail the Application Fee Payment Form to the Office along with a check or money order payable to the University of the District of Columbia.
- If you need to update the information on your application or are interested in deferring your application for another term, please complete the Application Update form and email or mail the form to the Office.
All documents mailed to the Office should include the name of the document and applicant's identification number, if received, on the mailing envelope, and sent to the following address:
Office of Recruitment and Admissions
University of the District of Columbia
4200 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington DC 20008
Graduate program applicants can also email signed Letters of Recommendation and the Personal Essay directly to the Office at UDCadmission@udc.edu
Items sent to UDC become the property of the University and will not be returned.
Checking Your Application Status
After submitting your application you can return to check on the status of your application and whether you have submitted all credentials needed for admission. , please allow 1-2 weeks of processing time after a complete application is submitted before checking the status and 2-3 weeks processing time after a complete application is submitted before receiving an admissions response.
You can also visit us online to check the status of your admission application.
Simply go to: Application Status
Using your login ID and pin created at the time of the application you can view your admission status, check on status of documents submitted and even see if an admission decision has been made.
Communication with the Office
The Office will notify you electronically, through the email-address provided in the application, or mail you at the following points in time:
- When you have submitted an application
- To remind you if you have outstanding items to submit in order to complete your application
- When a decision on your admission status has been reached
Once you submit an application, the Office assigns your application to an Admissions Counselor. Your Admissions Counselor will contact you to discuss the status of your application and assist you through the admissions and enrollment process.
If you have any questions about your application at any time, the best way to ensure a quick response is to fill out an Applicant Inquiry Form. If you would like to speak to someone directly about your application, please call the Office at 202-274-6110 and our receptionists or your Counselor will be happy to assist you.