Office of the President
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Contact: Building 39, Room 301A | 202.274.5100 | 202.274.5304
Angela Scott, Executive Assistant to the President, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary C. Wright, Administrative Officer, email@example.com
Vision of the University
The University of the District of Columbia will be a diverse, selective, teaching, research and service university in the land-grant tradition, serving the people of Washington, DC, the nation and the world.
Allen L. Sessoms, PhD.
Announcement: National Search Underway for New University Leadership...read more »
On September 1, 2008, Dr. Allen L. Sessoms became the 13th president of the university. Formerly president of Delaware State University and Queens College (NY), he holds a bachelor’s degree from Union College, a master's degree from the University of Washington and a doctorate from Yale University, all in physics.
Since taking the helm, he has:
- Developed and implemented a comprehensive strategic plan for academic, administrative and operational reform
- Launched a community college within the University while enhancing the existing four-year and graduate programs
- Strengthened faculty and University relations and faculty engagement
- Developed aggressive strategies for public relations, marketing and fundraising to increase financial resources and strengthen the UDC Foundation.
- Directed the renovation of the University’s infrastructure, which includes the construction of a Student Center, residence halls and numerous initiatives to support sustainability and green technologies.
Dr. Sessoms brings a long-standing passion for education to the post and an unflagging energy to upholding and expanding the university’s mission as it nurtures the next generation of scholars, achievers and leaders in our city, our country and the world.